Who this licence is for
• Short term restricted services
• Extended short term restricted services
• Test transmissions
How to apply
• Please see our online application pack
How does the Short Term Radio Licence work?
The licence issued by PRS allows OFCOM-licensed restricted service stations to broadcast PRS-controlled repertoire.
The licence issued by MCPS allows OFCOM-licensed restricted service stations the right to record MCPS-administered repertoire into:
• Non-programme material
• Programmes produced by the radio station for broadcast on its own station
• Server or other hard-disk storage for subsequent direct-to-air broadcast
• And the broadcast of production music sound recordings
However, a number of restrictions apply, including music used in advertising or station idents.
What does the Short Term Radio Licence exclude?
The use of music in adverts, commercials, promos, sponsorship messages or any programmes not produced by the station. Please refer to full terms and conditions in the application pack for more information.
Please refer to the application pack for the full list of fees.
How to make a payment
Payment must be sent by cheque payable to ‘PRS for Music’ with a completed application pack.
If you have any further questions, please email email@example.com