Our Boards are assisted in their work by a number of committees whose members are directors of MCPS, PRS and the Alliance.
PRS for Music follows corporate governance best practice by awarding certain responsibilities to an Audit Committee (whose remit includes financial matters, internal control and risk management), a Nomination Committee (which supervises, amongst other things, succession planning and the appointment of senior executives) and a Remuneration Committee (whose remit includes oversight of executive and non-executive remuneration).
Other committees specialise in specific areas of commercial or business focus, namely:
- the licensing of Recorded Media, Broadcast and Online services (the Licensing Committee, supported by a number of member advisory groups);
- public performance licensing policy and activity (the Public Performance Sales Committee);
- international initiatives, policies relating to the collection of international revenue, and relationships with overseas societies (the International Committee);
- policies surrounding royalty distribution (the Distribution Committee);
- membership and copyright rules, policies, services and administrative operations (the Membership and Copyright Committee); and
- public relations, the media, marketing, brand image and PRS for Music’s corporate reputation (the PR, Marketing and Research Committee).
The duties and responsibilities of the committees – as well as the extent of their decision-making powers – are defined by the Boards.